The University of Tasmania offers South Asia scholarships to individuals from India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Nepal who are planning to study at the University of Tasmania. Scholarships are available in three categories; full scholarship, half scholarship, and quarter scholarship.
Scholarships are awarded on merit and financial need as applicable to the qualification program chosen by the successful applicants. For more information on the criteria and conditions, please refer to the official link given below.
Why choose UTAS?
UTAS is a world-class university located in the beautiful island state of Tasmania, Australia. The university offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs across a broad range of disciplines.UTAS has a strong commitment to research and teaching excellence and is ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide.
The university also has a strong focus on engagement with industry and the community and offers a range of scholarships and support programs to help students succeed.
UTAS is an ideal choice for students looking for high-quality education in a supportive and vibrant environment.
What are the Eligibility Requirements?
To be eligible for the University of Tasmania South Asia Scholarship Awards, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, or Sri Lanka
- Have completed at least one year of tertiary study
- Be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the University of Tasmania
- Demonstrate excellent academic achievement
- Demonstrate financial need
- Not have previously received this scholarship
How to apply?
To apply for the University of Tasmania South Asia Scholarship Awards in Australia, you must first complete an online application form. Then, you will need to submit your CV, academic transcripts, and a personal statement. If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to interview. The final decision will be made by the scholarship committee. Applications close on 15 September 2019.
Important Notes on Scholarships Application Procedure
The process of applying for scholarships can be daunting, but we’re here to help. Here are some important notes on the application procedure:
- Start early and give yourself plenty of time to fill out the applications. Rushing through them will only lead to mistakes.
- Pay attention to deadlines. Make sure you submit your applications on time.
- Follow instructions carefully. Read the instructions thoroughly and make sure you follow them correctly.
- Have a backup plan. If you don’t get the scholarship you’re hoping for, don’t give up – there are plenty of other options out there.
- Get help if you need it.
FAQs and Answer
- What are the University of Tasmania South Asia Scholarship Awards?
The University of Tasmania South Asia Scholarship Awards is a merit-based scholarship available to students from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and Nepal who wish to study at the University of Tasmania in Australia.
- How many scholarships are available?
A total of five scholarships will be awarded for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Who is eligible to apply?
To be eligible, applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, or Nepal and must be commencing their first year of study at the University of Tasmania in either an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program.
- What is the value of the scholarship? The value of the scholarship varies depending on the length of the course being studied, with a minimum award amount of AUD 12,000 per annum.
- Can I reapply if I have already been awarded a University of Tasmania South Asia Scholarship Award?
No; however you may reapply should there be any outstanding places still available after all applications have been reviewed and assessed by selection committee members.