Are you looking to start your journey in the United States? Want to study at one of the best colleges in the country, but can’t afford it?
Well, we’ve got good news! Berea College has offered an international scholarship grant to students who will be starting their undergraduate courses in the US in the year 2023, and you can apply right now!
All you have to do is write an essay on why you deserve this scholarship and why Berea College should take you into their program.
About the scholarship
A scholarship is a grant given to help with educational costs. The Berea College scholarship is available for international students residing in the USA, with preference given to those living in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Ohio. Applicants are also expected to demonstrate exemplary leadership abilities as well as personal integrity and courage. The award is worth USD$2,000 per semester.
How to apply
The award is open to all international students who are accepted at Berea and are offered a Pell grant. The award is worth $25,000 per year and can be used in any area of study, as long as it leads to a bachelor’s degree.
You need to email your unofficial transcripts or other proof of high school graduation (for transfer students) or current academic status from another institution.
You’ll also need one letter of recommendation from someone qualified to evaluate your potential for success at Berea College, such as an admissions counselor, teacher, community member, or clergyperson. And finally, you will need to upload a 500-word essay describing why you want this scholarship and how it will help you achieve your goals.
Benefits of applying
The benefits of applying for this scholarship include the following:
- All application fees are waived.
- Students do not need to complete any essay or other application form.
- The amount awarded is $1,000 and needs no repayment.
- The deadline is December 31, 2022. Applications will close on December 31, 2022, and March 1, 2023.
Are you wondering if you should apply? For more information about benefits and how to apply, visit our website at www.bereacollege.edu/international-scholarships/2023-Berea-college-scholarship-grant/.
There are several scholarships available and all students in their senior year in high school can apply now. There is still time to take advantage of these opportunities so don’t hesitate any longer!
Are you eligible?
The scholarship is available to international students residing outside of the US who plan to enroll as first-time college freshmen or as continuing/graduate level students in any course of study at Berea College in Kentucky. You must be able to demonstrate financial need and have a high school GPA of 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale.
The scholarship will cover up to 50% of your tuition and most fees associated with enrollment at Berea. The award covers a four-year, maximum of eight semesters (i.e., you will be awarded for one year each semester), but it is not renewable after each academic year.
Please note that the average annual cost of tuition and mandatory fees for an undergraduate student attending Berea College ranges from $27,000 to $29,000 per year plus room and board costs which are estimated between $11,300 to $14,400 per year.
Applicants should consult their schools’ estimated costs before applying for this scholarship since they may qualify for less expensive colleges without scholarships like Berea.
How do I apply?
- To apply, submit a letter of intent, CV, and full transcript with English translation to our email: email@example.com by October 1st.
- At least one recommendation letter should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org from an advisor or educational institution.
- Interviews will be held in late October and decisions will be made within three weeks of that date.
- All successful applicants must be able to start college in Kentucky in 2020 and travel to Kentucky within 2019 (please contact us for details).
- If you are interested in being considered for this scholarship, please read the qualifications carefully.
- We welcome all students regardless of nationality, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability status.
- For more information on how to apply please email email@example.com
- Thank you!