The University of British Columbia (UBC) in Vancouver, Canada offers an array of scholarships for international students to study in Canada and around the world. The UBC International Scholarship program offers more than 150 scholarships worth over CAD 18 million annually. Find out how you can win one of these prestigious awards!
Why Should I Study Abroad?
There are so many reasons to study abroad! For one, it’s a great way to see the world and experience new cultures. But studying abroad can also help you academically, by giving you a new perspective on your coursework. And professionally, studying abroad can help you stand out from the crowd when you’re job-hunting after graduation.
How Does an Open Award Work?
Open awards are international scholarships available to any student attending a Canadian school. If you are planning on attending the University of British Columbia in 2023, you may be eligible for one of these awards!
To apply, simply fill out the online application form. Be sure to include all required documents, such as transcripts and proof of English proficiency. Once your application is complete, it will be reviewed by a committee of experts.
If you are selected as a recipient, you will be notified via email. Congratulations – you’ve just been awarded an international scholarship!
What Are the Requirements for These Awards?
To be eligible for the 2023 University of British Columbia International Scholarship Grants, you must:
- Be a citizen of a country other than Canada
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be enrolled in or planning to enroll in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at UBC
- Be entering your first year of study at UBC
- Have achieved excellent academic standing in previous studies (minimum 80% or equivalent)
- Not have previously received a UBC international scholarship
What If I Don’t Speak English Well?
There are many programs available to help you improve your English language skills. The university also offers services such as English conversation partners, academic writing support, and cultural adjustment workshops. Don’t let a lack of English proficiency stop you from applying for these scholarships!
When Can I Apply For These Awards?
The 2023 University of British Columbia International Scholarship Grants in Canada are currently open for applications! If you’re a student looking to study at a world-renowned university, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Where Can I Find All the Information I Need?
Whether you’re a current student or just starting your search for colleges, you may be wondering how to find information on scholarships. After all, scholarships can help you pay for college and ease the financial burden of higher education.
The good news is that there are several resources available to help you find scholarships that fit your needs. Here are a few places to start your search The National Association of Colleges and Universities (NACU) publishes a comprehensive database for many universities in the United States.
They also have links to individual schools, which will show you what scholarship opportunities are available. If you have an American university in mind already, this is a great place to look first!
Edupoint has compiled lists from various sources into one easy-to-read database with helpful links directing you towards more information about each scholarship award.
You could also try looking at other reputable websites like College Factual or Peterson’s for additional scholarship listings by state and country. You’ll want to make sure these sites offer free services before committing too much time looking through their listings.
What’s Next After Submitting My Scholarship Application?
Now that you have submitted your application for the 2023 University of British Columbia International Scholarship, it is time to start preparing for the next steps in the process. Here is what you can expect:
- You will receive an email notification within two weeks confirming that your application has been received.
- After your application has been reviewed, you will be contacted by the scholarship committee to schedule an interview. The interview will take place over Skype or FaceTime and last up to 15 minutes. The interviewer will ask about your goals and ambitions and may also ask you why you would like to study at UBC Vancouver.
- If the interviewer approves your application, they will send you a confirmation email with all of the information on how to apply for Canadian government student loans and assistance programs, as well as instructions on how to book your flight home or onward travel.
- Finally, after receiving the confirmation email from the scholarship committee, you should wait to hear back from them with more details on when they want you to arrive in Canada. Make sure to plan so that everything goes smoothly and without any problems!