The Alliance of German Higher Education Institutions (ALLIANCE) has announced their 2022/23 Postdoctoral Scholarship Grant in Germany and applications are invited from all over the world.
The ALLIANCE has been expanding since its foundation in 2014 and now consists of more than 1000 universities, non-university research institutions, etc., thus making it one of the largest and most important bodies in Germany as well as in Europe with regard to higher education institutions’ cooperation on issues such as mobility, internationalization, gender balance, diversity, etc.
Scholarships and Opportunities Available
If you are a postdoctoral scholar looking for funding to support your research in Germany, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers a scholarship grant. The DAAD is the largest funding organization in the world for the international exchange of students and scholars.
Scholarships are available for a variety of academic fields, including the humanities, social sciences, business, economics, law, engineering, and natural sciences. The deadline to apply for the 2022/23 academic year is October 15, 2021. For more information on eligibility requirements and how to apply, please visit the DAAD website.
There are many ways to get involved with InterNations if you want to take part in ex-pat networking and make global friends as an ex-pat yourself. As soon as you join one of our over 1,400 local InterNations groups across 274 cities worldwide, you can set up chat conversations with fellow ex-pats from all walks of life.
You can also use our events calendar to find language classes, meetups for professionals, or just about any other type of event! And last but not least, if there’s an issue or something that needs resolving within an InterNations group that falls under your area of expertise – be it insurance matters or visa issues – don’t hesitate to step forward and volunteer!
To be eligible for the 2022/23 Postdoctoral Scholarship Grant in Germany, applicants must:
- have completed their doctoral studies within the last four years
- not already hold a postdoctoral position
- be a citizen of a country outside of the European Union
- demonstrate excellent academic achievement
- have a well-defined research project that will be carried out at a German institution
- prove proficiency in the German language by achieving a score of Level A2 or higher on the DSH exam or by passing an additional exam (e.g. B1 examination)
- participate in a public lecture series organized by DAAD and its partners every six months to improve language skills
- contribute to social integration by taking part in cultural events organized by DAAD and its partners
- agree to publish papers from their research project only with approval from DAAD
- take up residence at a place determined by the selected German host institute
How to Apply
To apply for the 2022/23 Postdoctoral Scholarship Grant in Germany, simply complete and submit the online application form. You will need to provide your personal information, academic qualifications, and a research proposal.
Once your application is received, it will be reviewed by a committee of experts. If you are selected as a recipient, you will be notified by email and asked to provide additional documentation.
The scholarship award covers living expenses such as accommodation, food, utilities, and travel costs up to $1,500 per month. The grant can also include other benefits like insurance or library privileges at some universities.
- The Fulbright Program is the flagship international educational exchange program sponsored by the U.S. government and is designed to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries.
- The Fulbright U.S. Student Program offers research, study, and teaching opportunities in over 140 countries to recent graduates and graduate students.
- The Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad Fellowship Program provides opportunities for doctoral candidates to conduct research relevant to their doctoral dissertations in modern foreign languages and area studies outside of the United States.
- The Boren Awards for International Study are prestigious scholarships for undergraduates who wish to study abroad in areas of the world that are critical to the U.S.